• 7 Jun 2017, 9:21 p.m.

[farm5.staticflickr.com/4260/35524606891_05bd8a0c91_b.jpg](flic.kr/p/W8bTYg)CF4_1_zpsyxn0f7bi by Tonny Berteloot, on Flickr

I am pleased to officially announce IWC’s newest collectors’ limited edition watch.
    The official name is Aquatimer Automatic Edition “Collectors Forum Watch”, but most of us will call it the CFA, it has the Ref IW 3410-01.
    I am over the moon with the result. This is a great watch, truly in the tradition of collectors’ forum watches, with a few surprises.
    There are so many special features on this watch that I really can speak of a treat by IWC for us, the collectors.

[farm5.staticflickr.com/4042/35615237266_571020ab3a_b.jpg](flic.kr/p/WgcpdW)CF4_2_zpstrnvu63a by Tonny Berteloot, on Flickr

Some time ago, I was admiring my CF3 and I dreamt about the next collectors forum watch.
    Michael told me that the process of creating, developing a CF watch takes time, lots of time and lots of decisions need to be taken.

Since 2018 is a special anniversary year for IWC and that there are plenty of plans for that year, it was either waiting for 2019 to launch the idea, or to try to get people starting to consider creating a CF4 this year.
    I am not a patient guy, so I started shaping my proposal already last year.
    We had already an Ingenieur, a Da Vinci and a Pilot…
    The Aquatimer family celebrates its 50th birthday, so maybe a good idea to choose an AT.
    Every collector’s watch has some special features: a special dial or case back, different strap…
    So in order to make it a true special edition for the collectors, what could we propose?
    Maybe a model that was not made before in that type of metal?
    And at a price point that was reasonable for a lot of collectors.
    And why not a special movement as extra bonus?

Ok let’s make my email to Schaffhausen HQ: “Are you in for a new CF watch?
    This is what I am thinking about: an Aquatimer, automatic, with the new in-house movement, in bronze. And reserve the first 250 movements ever made for this project.”
    My email was longer than that, with many more details, arguments about the wishes and questions about what was possible.
    As I wrote, it is a watch with a few surprises, and IWC did really surprised me!
    I got a go for the new CF4 and on top, they proposed to build in the new high level in-house movement Cal 82110, a very important movement in the future of IWC.

[farm5.staticflickr.com/4109/35615239376_5136a8f3ce_b.jpg](flic.kr/p/WgcpRj)IW3410_zps2dutpyut by Tonny Berteloot, on Flickr

And because it is such a special movement, let’s show it and make the watch with a see through back.

[farm5.staticflickr.com/4050/35267724250_533fa894bd_b.jpg](flic.kr/p/VJuiHd)cal%2082110_zpsxe1vk8ba by Tonny Berteloot, on Flickr

Another feature on this watch is the charity part. I proposed to add 3 % on the price and donate this as a gift from the IWC collectors’ community to a foundation a lot of collectors already know and support.

How to order? The collectors can go to an IWC boutique or authorized retailer. They have all the necessary info.
    Price is based on currency and country, so best to ask the boutique/AD.

So, here it is, the CF4, I think this is a fantastic and special watch; a case, specially made for this project, a top quality in-house movement, the first 250 ever made reserved for the CF4, a see through back, individually numbered and including a charity contribution.
    I believe a superb package that IWC made for the collectors.

• Connoisseur
    7 Jun 2017, 9:53 p.m.

Very nice watch though being a chrono guy not quite my cup of tea. Wonder though if the cal. 82110 is sort of descendant of the cal. 80110 and/or a relative of the promised cal. 42xxx?
    I'd have a few excellent ideas on the CF-5... :) if IWC asks I'll let know.
    Robert

• Master
    7 Jun 2017, 9:54 p.m.

Congratulations Tonny for your passion and commitment to bring this concept to a reality for the collectors. Wonderful concepts you consolidated into a wonderful timepiece leading to the birth of the CFA. My one is now ordered :-)

On bahelf of the charity who will also benefit from this limited edition collectors piece: sincere thanks.

Looking forward.
    Andrew

• Master
    7 Jun 2017, 10:30 p.m.

Great news! Will holders of previous CF peicesbe able to secure tgier matching number from this edition?

• Master
    7 Jun 2017, 10:54 p.m.

I was present on Saterday when it publically launched in Amsterdam at the BBAMSGTG - and I love it!

This watch will be sold out before one of you can say "...and Bobs your Uncle!"

• Connoisseur
    7 Jun 2017, 11:06 p.m.

Looks fantastic Tonny. One thing I'm so happy to finally see in an Aquatimer automatic is the date font that matches the dial - I guess as a result of an inhouse movement.

Is it possible to reserve a specific number?

• Master
    7 Jun 2017, 11:13 p.m.

Also, will there be an order process similar to last time wherby those of us who are not lucky enough to have a boutique in country can order and designate a boutique to deal with?

• Master
    8 Jun 2017, 2:36 a.m.

Love it. Is it possible to reserve a number?

• Master
    8 Jun 2017, 5:44 a.m.

Looks fantastic and glad to see it at 44mm given the height. Better balance.

Perhaps I missed it but when is anticipated delivery?

• Insider
    8 Jun 2017, 7:42 a.m.

Congrats! Looks absolutly stunning..

• Master
    8 Jun 2017, 8:06 a.m.

Congratulations Tonny, this is a job very well done! Certainly a supercool piece, and arguably already the best CF edition :-)

Thanks to Tonny and to IWC!

• Master
    8 Jun 2017, 8:52 a.m.

I think it looks fantastic. And I love that IWC are prepared to do this for collectors. I'm in.

• Graduate
    8 Jun 2017, 10:34 a.m.

First and foremost, a big Thank You to you and IWC for making this possible. I think you are absolutely right about this watch. Personally, I like the clean and balanced look and the fact that the first 250 movements are used for the CF4. I had to get used to the brass case but now I think it is a great choice, especially taking into account this is the 50th anniversary of the watch. A power reserve of 60 hours, a beat rate of 28,800, and a WR up to 300mm are also promising features. It is a big watch - in terms of height and width - but I am sure it will wear comfortably.

All in all, a impressive addition to the collection and something you can be proud of!

• Master
    8 Jun 2017, 12:39 p.m.

In a word...beautiful! Thanks Tonny and IWC for once again tangibly acknowledging our collectors.

• Master
    8 Jun 2017, 2:47 p.m.

Hi Tonny,

What a incredible effort you and IWC did, after surprising us last January at SIHH with the sneak-preview of this handsome watch, and now you're turning it into reality!

My compliments.

Kind regards,

Bob

• Master
    8 Jun 2017, 5:47 p.m.

Another fine initiative from IWC, a gesture to recognize the collectors! Thanks IWC and Tonny.

Nelson

• 8 Jun 2017, 6:48 p.m.

Indeed a very nice step from IWC to offer the next CFW. Thank you very much for all the efforts done by Tonny and all involved people from IWC.

Is it (like last time for the CF3)possible to request a certain number?

Cheers Chris