• Apprentice
    4 Dec 2023, 10:14 p.m.

There is a new tool that can be used to develop chronographs with different designs.

In this way, you can create your limited editions and new designs.

With the help of a tool, the cases for prototypes can be punched out and further produced in a thermal process that is similar to the production of ceramic cases in an autoclave oven. A ceramic case shrinks by about 30%; my tests with the brown material used showed no relevant shrinkage.

The raw cases are then subjected to a surface treatment as can be seen at the 2 cases on the right

The next step is to attach the dials, hands and indices. The photo shows the process of setting the hands, which is best done with watchmaking tweezers.

The production shown was a team effort in which my daughters and my partner played a key role.

This design was created by my daughter.

Here is an overview of the prototypes developed.

Many thanks to IWC for the punching tool that the participants of the Collectors Meeting received!

• Master
    5 Dec 2023, 12:45 a.m.

Very nice - I bet they are as delicious as they are beautiful! Well done.

• Insider
    7 Dec 2023, 5:17 p.m.

Hi Wil Ma,

i want to place an order for the white dial with red 3, 6, 9 and 12 indexes. Can i get it on the sugar drop bracelet?

br

Cromagnonman

• Apprentice
    7 Dec 2023, 9:10 p.m.

Hi Wolfgang

Thank you for the order. May be you want to pay in vintage watches for those prototypes?

20 years ago, I would have had to refuse this colour combination, because it was too feminine for "Der Uhr" and similar watches.

In these "woke" days my watch bakery delivers any colour scheme that the market demands. :-)

Have a nice pre-Christmas time

Wil Ma