• Apprentice
    15 Nov 2023, 10:08 a.m.

Hi forum!

Happy to have purchased my first IWC, after more then a decade with my first encounter with the IWC brand, when I fell in love with the pilot IW3706.

Anyhow, the watch is an IWC Da Vinci chronograph, but I struggle to find more information regarding the watch and the reference. The watch was bought from an esteemed auction house in Sweden, so I'm +99% of the watch authenticity.

Can anybody help, or point me in the right direction?

many thanks 🙏

Rusk

• edit

Thread title has been changed from Help identifying this watch.

• Master
    15 Nov 2023, 3:02 p.m.

Hi Rusk

I have never actually seen a Da Vinci like this, but it appears to be reference IW372810 from the 1990s, but perhaps others here more familiar with this era of IWC can give more information.

Does the Watch come with any documentation and are there serial numbers we could look up?

There should be a number engraved on the caseback.

• Apprentice
    15 Nov 2023, 10:24 p.m.

Yes, the photos show a Ref 3728 which was the first time in 2000/01 in the yearbook.

Older versions of the Ref 3728 are different in some points like: The date window is at 4:30, the hands are different and the dial shows no numbers...

I think it is a rare watch.

• Master
    24 Nov 2023, 4:36 p.m.

That's the Ref 3728 SL Chronograph with a Quartz movement and a mechanical chronograph on top. With this dial introduced in 2000. Congrats on a beautiful watch.