• Apprentice
    2 Sep 2026, 10:46 p.m.

    My name is Alejandro, and I am an absolute newbie to IWC.

    I am in the process of acquiring an IWC pocket watch, which I've identified as follows:

     

    IWC  silver pocket watch

    Movement 1A - Caliber 52 (19 lines, H6), made in 1911 (serial number 522296)

    Guilloché-engraved 900 sterling silver case

    Enameled dial, Gold-plated movement with lever escapement and swan-neck regulator

    Diameter = 52 mm

    This watch was manufactured under order 14408, which specified a production run of 600 units. Below the serial number is the patent number: +31457

    According to IWC’s accounting records, case number 565578 corresponds exactly to the year 1912.

    The case style is: Open Dial (Lépine).

    I would like to know more information on how to register and restore (if possible) the watch, and specifically how to identify whether the fluted crown (it is yellow/golden in color) and hands, which are made of blued steel, are correct for this watch. I'm very excited to have found this.

  • edit

    Thread title has been changed from Hi to everybody from Colombia.

  • 30 Sep 2026, 6:16 p.m.

    Hello, registration of the watch is not possible here or with IWC. The crown and hands are seen on similar pocketwatches from that era and seem to me OK.

  • Apprentice
    2 Oct 2026, 6:36 a.m.

    Welcome, Alejandro! Have you been able to find out when the watch was last serviced, and whether it currently runs? It would be interesting to hear what you’re hoping to restore—mainly the movement, the appearance, or both.