• Connoisseur
    19 Jul 2023, 7:45 p.m.

Dear all,

After a long hiatus being away from the forum I am very happy to announce that I have finally pulled the trigger and bought my first IWC. Ok, technically I bought an IWC pocket watch for a good friend of mine, but that does not count.

Ever since I became a fan of the brand in 2011 I knew the day would come. and I would like to share some pictures.

First of all, thanks to the amazing staff of the boutique in Amsterdam. Me and my family were travelling to the Netherlands and were received with open arms. They had the 2 watches (41 and 43 mm version) ready for me to try on and make my decision.

Still needed to practice my wristshot skills a bit, avoiding my phone to focus on the background

My watch has joined me on some nice holidays and adventures already:

On the beach in Zandvoort the day I bought it (my 8th wedding aniversary)

In Denmark with my family, looking amazing on the rubber as well

At the top of the Allalinhorn (4027m) mountaineering with my brother

Tomorrow I will visit the manufakturzentrum in Schaffhausen and get the tour! I hope to have many more great adventures with my watch and maybe even meet a few of you.
    Thanks to all of you for fueling my passion for IWC, especially Mark and Andrew who helped selecting the right watches.

Cheers!

Waimar

• 19 Jul 2023, 10 p.m.

Congrats on your first IWC, wear it in good health.

Have fun at the manufacur, it is an amazing visit.

• Master
    19 Jul 2023, 10:20 p.m.

Really nice, huge congratulations on your new IWC. It looks like you went with the 41mm version - although I see now that the 43mm version has just recently been updated to the new in-house cal 69385 with display back and now has a dial layout very similar to the 41mm.

• Master
    20 Jul 2023, 4:07 a.m.

Great adventures with a fantastic Flieger!

• Connoisseur
    20 Jul 2023, 12:36 p.m.

I indeed went with the 41mm which fits my wrist slightly better in my opinion. Although injustice say the difference in size seeing the watches next to eachother was less noticeable than I expected. Both the 41 and 43mm versions are now identical apart from case size. Same movement and same see through caseback.

• Master
    20 Jul 2023, 4:32 p.m.

Congratulaitons and wear your IWC in good health.

• Master
    21 Jul 2023, 1:12 p.m.

Congratulations on your first IWC and on your 8 year wedding anniversary as well. Nice pictures and great places, thanks for sharing them with us.

Kind regards,

Clemens

• Master
    21 Jul 2023, 4:54 p.m.

Hi Waimar - that looks great on your wrist and especiialy with all the beautiful backgrounds, big congrats!!!!

• Insider
    24 Aug 2023, 9:32 p.m.

Dear Waimar,

big congrats on your first IWC, very good choice! War it in good health and have a lot of good adventures with it, it might not be your last IWC ;)

Regards, Markus