• Apprentice
    21 Feb 2024, 9:57 a.m.

Hey fellow IWC enthusiasts,

I am considering aquiring an IWC 2000 - aka. IW5000 7-Days which was originally released around the 2000's.

I have not been very successfull in gathering Information about this limited piece and I wanted to ask here, if anyone has details around the release and what makes this limited edition special.

I did see that it comes with no-date, as most other 7-Days come, also it has a plastic glas and apparently it has been released to celebrate to IW5000 in-house movement.

Any details, pointers, maybe even warnings around this watch would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!

• Graduate
    21 Feb 2024, 6:48 p.m.

I don't own an IW5000 but I think, it's a very nice and special watch which is historically significant to IWC as it introduced the very important automatic in-house caliber 5000 with seven days power reserve. Still today IWC's most important movement which can be found in many iconic models.

There was a big debate wether to put a date or not and finally Gunter Blumlein, then CEO, prevailed with his opinion not to put a date in order for a nicer, cleaner and more balanced dial. And the plexiglass makes it also more vintage/classic.

An important, beautiful and limited watch. No matter in which metal, you can't go wrong, I think.

Philipp