• Apprentice
    2 Feb 2024, 8:53 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all set for a lovely weekend. I have taken a liking for the 3750 off late and have been thinking of adding one to the collection.

I was wondering if the experts here could clarify something. Almost all the steel versions i have seen have the black dial with white subdial hands. I saw now one listed on chrono 24 with a white dial and regular subdial hands. i thought these only came in the gold versions. Was there ever such a steel version? Or is this a case of dial swap?

Thanks very much in advance for you response.

• Master
    2 Feb 2024, 4:49 p.m.

Rashid - great question. I also recently shared an affinity for the 3750 especially since its importance to the evolution and survival of IWC.

Yes. IWC introduced a Steel version with White Dial in 1993. I checked the 1991, 1992 and 1993 catalogs and it first appeared in 1993. You could likely check the year of production or first sale of the Watch you're looking at, if it has papers - or estimate with the serial number.

I in-fact have my 3750 listed for sale on Chrono24 (sorry for violating any forum rules) - if you're interested let me know!! It was just serviced in NOV 2023 and has all papers too. I've been a member here for 24 years!!

• Apprentice
    2 Feb 2024, 9:48 p.m.

Hello Rashid

At least from 1994 to 1997 there was a stainless steel version of the 3750 combined with a white dial. These versions are rather seldom compared to the polished stainless steel version with black dials which started in 1998.

These earlier stainless steel versions have the reference numbers 3750-011 to 014 and 3750-019 to 022. The differences are in the language of the dial and the strap in leather/bracelet in stainless steel. In my opinion, these versions were mat/brushed.

I have one of the later black dial 3750 and I like it very much.

• Apprentice
    16 Feb 2024, 12:31 p.m.

Thanks much for all your responses! Much appreciated.