• Apprentice
    14 Nov 2017, 8:17 p.m.

I'm looking to purchase this watch but the only thing that puts me off is the single pin buckle. Can you get this model with the deployment strap?

• Apprentice
    14 Nov 2017, 8:33 p.m.

Hi Michaelbren9

I have bought the IW327004 last year and I also had some concerns about the pin buckle. I have to say that I got used to it very fast and now I love it. I treat my IWC like the most fragile thing on earth so when I put it on in the morning, I am really careful and hold the watch/strap firmly. If you do so, you will enjoy the watch - be sure. The nice thing about the pin buckle is, that it just gives the watch a nice classic «piloty» look and once you wear it, it's even more comfortable than a clasp. At least this is my opinion. The pin buckle is good quality (of course ;-) ).

However, I'd like to warn you, not to try to put the deployment clasp on it. I did this mistake in a store in Zurich (Glattzentrum) and by trying to mount the clasp, they damaged the leather. Unfortunately I realized it at home and i was (and still am) so angry about that.

My advice: Get the watch and don't think too much about the strap. You'll enjoy it for sure.

• Apprentice
    14 Nov 2017, 8:50 p.m.

Thanks for the prompt reply....will sleep on it

• Master
    14 Nov 2017, 9:33 p.m.

If you purchase a Deployant, remember that it does not fit on the regular pin
    buckle strap.

You also need to purchase a special strap that is shorter on one side to suit
    the deployant.

• Master
    14 Nov 2017, 9:38 p.m.

I support the statement about the pin buckle: it is lighter and it wears more comfortable. I have some watches on pin buckle and some on deployant clasp, I am quite sure about it, I prefer the pin buckle. They say that a deployant clasp is less demanding on the strap than the pin buckle, but if you don't overbend the strap I see no problem here: my straps on pin buckle are still quite good, after quite some wearing over a few year's period. And to be sure no disasters happen while putting the strap on or off: either sit down when doing so, or do it with the wrist over a bed with cushions.

Kind regards,
    Paul

• Graduate
    15 Nov 2017, 7:26 a.m.

First of all, to answer your question:
    Yes, it is possible but you need to purchase your deployant clasp and the matching strap separatly. There is no option to have a deployant clasp already mounted when you buy the watch.
    Because the strap for Ref. 3777 measures 21 mm between the lugs, the choice is not that big. However, there are examples such as the strap/buckle combination of Ref. 3718 (Petit Prince double chrono) or Ref. 3890 (Top Gun chrono) and maybe some older models with 21 mm strap width. Your IWC boutique or AD can surely help you with the choice.

Second: I would strongly suggest that you try the metal bracelet for your 3777. It is, like all IWC bracelets, a fantastic construction and extremely well executed. The wrist comofort, in my eyes, is unbeaten. However, it is expensive.

And third: The deployant clasp is called "deployant" and not "deployment". It is a common error but the word originates from the French term "boucle déployante".

• Apprentice
    15 Nov 2017, 9:37 a.m.

Thank you! I did not know that and I will give my best, not to use "deployment" anymore. Coming from web development, I should have imagined … ;-)

Regarding the strap topic: I would really keep the watch as it comes, with the original clasp. Finally, it will probably be the best solution.

• Apprentice
    15 Nov 2017, 5:21 p.m.

Thanks for all comments and of course the correction on "deployant" and not "deployment"

• Apprentice
    5 Apr 2021, 8:26 p.m.

What do you reflect onconsideration on the exquisite adorned motion? It isn't
    gildet as you cansee, however
    polished metal and wealthy encraved. How can I put up snap
    shots from it?