• Apprentice
    23 Apr 2024, 8:36 a.m.

Hi everyone

After admiring from a far - I finally bought an IWC Romana and love it!

Sadly my one did not come with instructions and I can't find much information on the internet so I wanted to check what I've learnt so far - especially when it comes to quick set!

1. Do not make any adjustments to quick set between 9p and 3a - ideally move the hands to 630 and then make adjustments there. Don't turn the date backwards and if crossing international date line only move it back 12hrs ideally between 4-8pm (e.g., 7pm to 7am). You may need to make this adjustment twice

2. If only small date / time adjustment use the crown - set it by moving time forward to correct date, move smoothly between 9-3a

3. Longer adjustments done via quick set - I think this is the button on case at 10pm and not via crown? I also think you should set it to day before and move the time forward to correct date/time. Are there any watch outs here (especially as I dont have the pusher mechanism) as I've heard it is easy to "de-sync" the dials on this watch?

Any other tips much appreciated to take care of this wonderful watch -especially as it has just been serviced!

PS if anyone has a pdf of the manual I'd love a link!!

Thank you so much!!

• Connoisseur
    28 Apr 2024, 6:06 p.m.

I recommend to contact IWC for a copy. I'm pretty sure, IWC will be happy to help.

Best regards

Th. Koenig