• Apprentice
    11 Aug 2023, 8:11 p.m.

Hi, first time poster so please treat with care :-)

I've the chance to buy a Mark II IWC but am a bit confused by it.

The watch appears to be in fantastic condition but I am unsure exactly what it is.

The movement is Incabloc with a serial number 1212xxx marked with the broad arrow.

The dial is marked with the broad arrow and T in the circle.

The case back outside is unmarked, but the inside has a serial number 1726xxx. I think it is fom the first civillian release range

I've looked at various online sources and the movement seems to date from the early 1950s whereas the case is from the early 1960s.

Any ideas what the watch is? Did Civillian watches come with older movements or did military watches ever get recased?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

John

• Connoisseur
    12 Aug 2023, 6:37 p.m.

Dear John,

I'm afraid it is a put-together what you got offered. It might be a civilian watch into which a military movement was swapped to replace an unserviceable civilian movement. But more likely it is a watch build from various spares.

Anyhow: You won't get a Certificate of Authenticity for such a watch!

Regards

Th. Koenig

• Apprentice
    14 Aug 2023, 10:01 a.m.

Thanks for the reply Thomas.

Is it not possible that just the back case was replaced with a Civillian version or would this not fit?

Regards

John

• Connoisseur
    14 Aug 2023, 9:31 p.m.

Dear John

in theory you can describe as many scenarios as you like. Some are more likely, others not.

Anyhow: The decisive point is - you get no Certificate of Authenticity and the value of a mil watch without the mil back is only a fraction of an all original one.

Thomas

• Apprentice
    9 Sep 2023, 9:17 a.m.

Seeing this post here, I thought I might share with you how lucky I was a while ago when I found this civilian Mark 11 at one of the best known IWC agents in Zurich. Full set. Everything's still there (even the hang tag). Must have been in a vault for quite some time. The strap is new obviously. Just back from Schaffhausen where they issued a certificate of authenticity. I've been searching for something like this for years. I am sooo excited... Best, Stefan

• Master
    10 Sep 2023, 8:55 p.m.

What an amazing find, Stefan!!! Enjoy in good health!

• Master
    10 Sep 2023, 11:38 p.m.

Just WoW

Fantastic find!!!

• Apprentice
    11 Sep 2023, 7:30 p.m.

Thank You for the MARK II CIVILIAN WATCH Discussion!

I wanted to express my gratitude to this forum and its members for the insightful discussion about the MARK II CIVILIAN WATCH. Your shared experiences, insights, and knowledge have been incredibly valuable to me as I explore this timepiece.

It's heartening to be part of a community where enthusiasts come together to share their passion and expertise. Your contributions have helped me make an informed decision, and I'm looking forward to becoming a proud owner of the MARK II CIVILIAN WAT

Thanks again for your invaluable input and the camaraderie in this forum!