• Apprentice
    6 Jul 2023, 6:58 p.m.

Hello everyone, just joined today. It all happened because I was looking at stats on how many Canadians live within 100 miles (160km) of the US border. Two-thirds are within 100km, 90% within 100 miles. That just confirmed what I thought I had seen earlier. Anyhow, up pops a video of our Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau. What caught my eye is his watch, but the video wasn't clear enough for me to get a good look at it so before posting it on a local online forum I searched there and found references to him wearing a IWC Regulateur. Which led me to the IWC website, although I didn't find a model called that name. Anyhow, I really like IWC watches ever since I tried on the Spitfire models at a boutique in Vancouver last year. Still don't own one yet but that could happen in the future. What's holding me back? Price. I own a Rolex Oyster Perpetual, it's up for sale right now, when I sell it that might be the time I buy a Spitfire, but used, or new at a discount.

If you've recently purchased a new one from an AD, were you able to get a discount? How much of one?

• 7 Jul 2023, 7:42 a.m.

Hello and welcome to our forum.

You will find some great Canadian collectors here ( amongst all the other great collectors of course ;) )

The Spitfire models are indeed nice and a good starter to get into IWC.

Please be aware that we can't discuss prices, discounts here on the forum.

• Master
    7 Jul 2023, 2:03 p.m.

Greetings from Toronto!

IWC Portuguese Regulateur is magnificent! There are several owners of this watch here on the Forum.