• Master
    12 Aug 2010, 2:04 p.m.

Copied this from another site. But I love this watch and this pic just shows the watch at its best. It is what I see just before it goes on my wrist.

i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/lndblr/Plastiki-1.jpg

• 12 Aug 2010, 8:36 p.m.

It's IWC's publicity photo of this model!

I've really have been enjoying mine too. A fun watch. especially for Summer.

• Master
    12 Aug 2010, 9:30 p.m.

[/u][sup][/sup]

Mmm MF - have you relegated your summer Jacques Cousteau to the backwaters now?
    Have to say I love my Ingenieur 3227 too

Regards
    Ivan
    iwcforme

• Master
    12 Aug 2010, 9:55 p.m.

I love the watch but hate rubber straps. Has anyone tried putting this one on a bracelet?

• Master
    12 Aug 2010, 11:35 p.m.

Yes I have asked an AD and there is a compatibile bracelet for this watch. But for me, I like rubber straps. I find that the rubber is great because after a hot day I simply rinse the watch in water and there is no damage. I know, the bracelet serves the same function. And I bet the bracelet would look great.

One other thing. I have seven IWC watches and another 10 from others. I get more questions and, compliments about the Plasticki than any other watch I wear. I think it is the blue rubber strap which attracts the attention.

• Master
  • Master
    13 Aug 2010, 3:54 a.m.

It's a great watch indeed. Too bad it's a tad too big for my wrist. I just have to stick to the 3227 but that's no punishment at all and it still gets more wrist time than my other watches.

Kind regards,

Clemens

• Master
    13 Aug 2010, 5:07 a.m.

Hi Clemens,

As you got the BP too, how can the Plastiki be too big? I cannot check the weight of the watches anymore (would be a nice add-on in the collection information), so maybe it is too heavy? Until now my max was 44,2 mm, so I told myself that my newest watch, 45 mm, could not be too big. Because of a keenly worked out lug construction it wears even better than the Portuguese Perpetual Calendar. So maybe you should give the Plastiki a try?

Kind regards,
    Paul, wearing my biggest watch

• Master
    13 Aug 2010, 5:18 a.m.

The way the strap attaches to the watch (at an angle) makes that it doesn't follow the lines of my wrist. I think that the watch on a bracelet would fit better but I haven't seen the watch on a bracelet in real life yet.

Kind regards,

Clemens

• Master
    13 Aug 2010, 5:32 a.m.

Actually, the Plastiki fits my small wrist better than a BP. The curve of the case conforms to my wrist and is more comfortable to wear. As to heavy, the Plastiki is indeed heavy. If you do not like heavy it is not the watch for you.

I love heavy. A light watch feels somehow wrong on my wrist.
    i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/lndblr/P1000042.jpg

i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/lndblr/DSC06515.jpg

• Graduate
    31 Jan 2011, 10:08 a.m.

Hi!
    congrats for this great peace!
    I have a 322701 and The stainless steel bracelet is absolutely
    AWESOME. No possible to be improoved. It suites perfect into the case of the watch (other brands bracelets don't do it... such as rolex, omega, Tag...) And it's really extremely weel crafted. So... it would suite excellent in your plastiky!!
    Just check it in your AD and you'll see the rubber one is actually a second choice!!!!
    ;)