• Apprentice
    13 Jul 2023, 12:38 p.m.

Hello fellow watch enthusiasts,

I am currently exploring the world of vintage timepieces and have recently developed an interest in IWC watches. I would greatly appreciate any information or insights you can provide regarding vintage IWC timepieces.

Specifically, I am curious about the following aspects:

1. Historical significance: Could you please share any notable historical milestones or events related to IWC watches? Are there any specific models that have a particularly interesting backstory?

2. Collectibility and value: Which vintage IWC models are highly sought after by collectors? Are there any specific features or characteristics that significantly affect their value in the market?

3. Authenticity and identification: How can one determine the authenticity of a vintage IWC watch? Are there any distinguishing marks, serial numbers, or other indicators that can help in identifying genuine pieces?

4. Maintenance and servicing: What are the key considerations when it comes to maintaining and servicing vintage IWC watches? Are there any recommended service centers or resources that specialize in vintage IWC timepieces?

5. Personal experiences: Do you have any personal experiences or anecdotes related to vintage IWC watches that you would like to share? It would be fascinating to hear about any memorable encounters or remarkable stories involving these timepieces.

Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge. I am eager to learn more about vintage IWC timepieces and engage in discussions with fellow enthusiasts.

Best regards,

• Master
    13 Jul 2023, 3:46 p.m.

Hi There punandjokes

I appreciate your enthusiasm for learning about vintage IWC watches, but what you ask will require hours and hours of discussion.

A good place to begin is on the IWC website in the History section: www.iwc.com/en/company/history.html

Also the IWC Museum here: www.iwc.com/en/company/museum.html?y_source=1_ODE5MDY2NC03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24ud2Vic2l0ZQ%3D%3D

At the end, you will find a link to a downloadable App where you can study individual pieces of interest

Once you have questions about a specific piece, we will be happy to discuss.