• Connoisseur
    18 Apr 2017, 1:29 p.m.

It has disappeared from the 2017/18 annual collection book (now called "Selection") but it is still on www.iwc.com. Maybe (hopefully) it will return in a smaller (40-41 mm) format, without the crown protecting shoulders...? :)
    (I mean that optically very similar to the 3714 but cal. 89xxx with 12 h collector, date, luminova hands / hour markings, 6 atm WR from the YC.) Would immediately go for one.
    Best,
    Robert

• Master
    18 Apr 2017, 8:15 p.m.

Yacht Club is still available as the Ocean Racer

Ocean Racer

• Connoisseur
    18 Apr 2017, 8:37 p.m.

I meant that the Yacht Club Chrono has completely disappeared from the newest, recently appeared annual. I know they are on the IWC website though, both OR and the street version too. That's why it can be thought that the YCC will go out of production? (Huge restructuring can be seen within the IWC sortiment, just think of the complete phasing out of the Genta-Ingy line. That could be kept within the sortiment either by renaming the collection "Ingenieur Genta" or by calling the newest one "Ingenieur Heritage" or both. Phasing out some Ports could well be something similar. But that's only my humble opinion and of course I could be wrong on this.)

• Insider
    19 Apr 2017, 7:20 a.m.

Agreed - "huge" is in my opinion an appropriate term actually!
    Let's see were this journey will go..

Cheers
    Thomas

• Master
    19 Apr 2017, 3:26 p.m.

The Ocean Racer was one of a kind. However, it was released some time ago. In the past year or so the entire Yacht Club series had their dial-sized reduced from 45+ mm to 43+mm. This is in-line with IWC's recent decision to going back to smaller dial-size.

Although I adore the Yacht Club series a lot, I do think it overlaps too much with its Portguieser Classic Chrono series of watches. Noticing that IWC has released a few newer models of the Classic Chrono this year, I am not surprised (but obviously am a little disappointed) to hear that they may no longer produce the Yacht Club line of watches. A sporty version of Portguiesers, what a novel concept! Alas, Portuguiesers are Portuguiesers. They are meant to be the more dressier line of watches for IWC. Who knows, perhaps it is time for the Portugieser line to return to its roots, leaving Aquatimer to be the sporty line of watches for IWC? Just a thought...

• Master
    19 Apr 2017, 3:55 p.m.

Kelvin, this line of thinking had not crossed my mind but its definately got merit. The Yacht Clubs belong in and around blue waters - hence AT line makes more sense.