• Master
    14 Apr 2024, 11:01 a.m.

The spearhead of the new Portugieser-Collection, the IW5057 01 - platinum case and glass dial

It was a great pleasure to see the new Portugieser collection at watches and wonders in Geneva and to meet and spend time with many collector friends. Many thanks to IWC for the invitation and especially a big thank you to Tonny Bertelot for making this possible.

I must say that this weekend my worries about IWC forgetting its connection to tradition after colourful Ceratanium experiments and performance tachymeter excursions were completely blown to the wind.

The new Portugieser Collection is an absolute success - everything has been done right here.

And congratulations on having the courage to attempt an ultimately successful facelift for an icon.

My personal favourite in the collection is the Day and Night Tourbillon IW545901 with the fantastic new complication, which is the brainchild of an apprentice.

Of course, the new eternal calendar with the new integrated 400-year wheel module and the remodelling of the case with domed glass and enlarged glass back are incomparably successful. And the colours of the new dials are second to none. I only miss the red area of the Portugieser Automatic in the power reserve indicator ;)

Following a few impressions of the collection:

Obsidian IW5037 02 Tourbillon plus the new Day & Night Complication

Doomed glass of Eternity

the new 5017 02 - without red markers on the time reserve

comparison new and old

IW5037 03 - the "horizon blue" only to find in white gold cases

generally portugieser on bracelet is a no go for the purists - but this one already is changing a few minds ...

IW5017 08 - Baby blue instead of horizon? ... well its is hard to capture the colour on a picture ...

• Master
    14 Apr 2024, 4:26 p.m.

Thanks for the photo gallery. Well done.

• Master
    14 Apr 2024, 8:17 p.m.

Thanks for the fantastic photos, Christian, really nice! Can't wait to see these new Portugiesers in person.

• Master
    15 Apr 2024, 10:12 p.m.

Nice pics and thoughts. IWC killed it. Was lucky enough to try some of the new releases in Sydney. Loved them.

• Master
    16 Apr 2024, 12:20 p.m.

Thanks for the pics, Christian!

• Master
    19 Apr 2024, 7:59 p.m.

Awesome impressions, Christian. Unfortunately posts are hidden so quickly here.

I added my impressions in the (hopefully) linked thread here.

Watches and Wonders Geneva 2024

• Connoisseur
    19 Apr 2024, 10:20 p.m.

Thanks for sharing Christian.

Excellent pics and really helpful to see the side-by-side comparisons.

• Apprentice
    21 Apr 2024, 6:49 a.m.

Thanks for the pictures! You capture the new glass better than any other pictures I've seen. Thanks for bringing that to those of us who haven't seen these in person yet. Also, I love the day and night complication!