• Master
    29 Jun 2014, 2:46 p.m.

Jimmy, ever since you started sharing your "little secrets" and "big collection" on the military pieces, you have been counted as one of those "IWC Collectors are really something special!" Gents.

• Master
    29 Jun 2014, 8:51 p.m.

Great post Michael, thanks for sharing.

Fortunately enough I am one of those lucky guys who had the pleasure of sharing with Nelson some "great watch moments" (thanks for this Forum) and I am looking forward to sharing with him more of these.
    Nelson is simply an exceptional person.

• Connoisseur
    29 Jun 2014, 10:39 p.m.

Awww Mark, now you have me blushing more than Nelson :-)

Regards

Jimmy

• Master
    30 Jun 2014, 12:42 a.m.

Michael - Your words perfectly capture Nelson who I consider a friend and who represents the very best this "hobby" represents.

Nelson - How about a picture of some of your other favorites?

• 30 Jun 2014, 8:38 p.m.

Thank you Micheal for this touching post. As a new forumer it was really impressiv to read this lovely story. It makes feel more and more how special this forum is.

Cheers Chris

• Master
    9 Jul 2014, 1:23 a.m.

OK, a close friend of Nelson's, I have to jump in here....Let me tell you about the time when he and I were in Geneva at SIHH....

Nope, can't tell that story here.

Let me tell you about the time at Nelson's house when....

Nope, can't tell that one either.

But I can say MF captured him perfectly. Nelson extends himself like no other "male" I know to other people. He works hard to keep up his friendships and when you're talking to him, whether in person, on the phone or even via the web, he is "present." A rare trait in this multi-tasking, multi-media, multi-platform world. And he truly values the friendships he has made from participating on this forum.

Best,
    Larry

• Master
    9 Jul 2014, 7:30 a.m.

Met him in Schaffhausen in 2007 ...a lovely man. All the remarks made about him by MF and others are so true of him. Genuinely one of nature's gentlemen. It was a pleasure to have met him and who knows we may meet again someday.
    Congratulations Nelson on the Portuguese Minute Repeater.

Ivan

• Graduate
    10 Jul 2014, 6:41 p.m.

And so it goes--I miss a few days of the Forum and almost miss my chance
    to heap accolades on Nelson.
    Having purchased a Platinum #5448 from Nelson, and recently selling him
    a Patek #3700, I can only echo many of the above comments, which are
    stated much better than I can find words for-- so DITTO !!

Lowell Ledford