• Apprentice
    11 Jul 2011, 7 p.m.

This post is hidden. You cannot not see its contents.

Hidden by on 8 Nov 2018, 4:07 p.m..

• Master
    11 Jul 2011, 8:17 p.m.

I am checking mine in 43 minutes to coincide with 8.00

• Connoisseur
    11 Jul 2011, 8:49 p.m.

I have the 500109 and have never noticed this problem but am in the process of checking mine now. Will report back with my findings

zyxtimer

• Connoisseur
    11 Jul 2011, 9:06 p.m.

Just checked mine at the 14:45 / 15:00 mark and it's dead on perfect. Must be a certain production run with the faults. Mine is gaining 10 seconds per day lately but it's over due for service / correction.

Best regards, zyxtimer

• Master
    11 Jul 2011, 9:27 p.m.

Okay, my 500114 did not have the problem at 8pm. There are two explanations for your problem.
    If the dial is not at thirty degree for each five minute interval.
    If one of the wheels in the movement like the hour wheel is eccentric where the cogs are off centred to the axle of the wheel then this could cause the problem. How the cogs are produced I have no idea but I would likewise expect the other hours at the various hours to show some running slow and some running fast but likewise there would be some which would be bang on. Rather like removing the centre spindle from a turntable and then playing an LP, part of the sound would be slow and some would be fast and some would be at the right speed but each revolution would still be 33 & 1/3 but it would running and sounding weird!
    PS I am not a mechanic and never been trained or attempted to assemble or disassemble any watch so it's just my thoughts on the matter.
    The serial number of my watch is 355665#

• Connoisseur
    11 Jul 2011, 11:28 p.m.

I have the 5001/14 and will check this also but Indid have a problem once when I set the time and pushed in the crown the second hand was moving but the hour hand and minute hand were just stuck. I then reset it again and now it is fine but will be sending it in for a service soon as it gains 2 minutes in two days.
    Farhad

• Graduate
    16 Jul 2011, 1:44 p.m.

Thanks for the replies here guys. I think we will just put this down to a bad batch.

Can anyone advise if I wait until servicing to have this fixed and the warranty has lapsed will IWC still fix the problem (given that it left the factory in a faulty state)?

Mark

• Master
    16 Jul 2011, 2:22 p.m.

For some reason I didn't notice this thread before. If I get the problem right, the issue is that when the hours hand is exactly at the hour marker, the minutes hand is not exacly at the 12 marker, right? And that seems more the case at certain hours than at other hours. I noticed that at my Portuguese Perpetual Calendar at about 4 o'clock, and at my rose gold VC Portuguese at 12 o'clock. That last one is very noticeable of course. It all are different movements, I always thought that due to some slack of the hours hand this could be possible, and that a new setting of the hands might correct this if the abberation would be too much. I had the AD look at the Perpetual Calendar, he thought the dial might be a bit off centre, which would explain the abberation showing at certain hours a bit more than at other hours. Then a new dial would solve the issue. In the end I noticed I could live with it (I might even be able to live with one leg, it seems) so I let the issue pass until a real service overhaul, which still is not necessary because the watches all run beautifully.

Kind regards,
    Paul